Friday, October 21, 2011

SUPER HAPPY SACCHARIN FUN ZONE ULTRA MUSTACHE HOUR


Portraits of severe looking old men do not mix well with action shots of kids playing. But that is what I took photos of today so DEAL.

I'm teaching a photography class at a charter school in Tahoe. We don't have cameras (I brought my own today) so the class invariably devolves into art/PE. And that's fine. Each day has a specific country that we focus on, so after viewing and discussing shots of New Zealand we went outside and I told the kids to find things for me to take photos of, the catch being that they have to direct me. Lots of loaded questions on my part.
These kids are rad. Hard to get kindergarteners to sit still for more than five photos, but whatever.
I think we'll turn a classroom into a camera obscura next week.

The old dude was at a rest area I stopped at. Chugged a carbonated caffeine drink, turned around and saw his majestic hair sculpture.
Had to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment